Infrastructure Engineer / Security Engineer
Salary: Circa £50k
Are you currently an experienced Infrastructure Engineer interested in making the transition to a Security Engineer?
Would you like to become a Security Engineer playing an important role in providing in depth technical expertise to be able to deploy and use security tools and resolve security issues in across Cloud, on-premise and mobile systems, becoming the technical subject matter expert for IT and business-related projects with an IT Security component? Whilst liaising between IT Security and specialist 3rd party suppliers to facilitate the implementation of Security systems, services and controls?
We are looking for engineers who can demonstrate solid experience in technical security roles or a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications. You will also have knowledge of incident management, disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies, and methods. And have relevant experience in regard to Azure, MS 365, networks, firewalls and implementing group security policies.
Our client will support you in ongoing continuing professional development in IT Security. Including certifications in IT Security such as CISSP, CEH, etc.
What you will become:
The IT Security Engineer is responsible for
· Providing technical expertise in IT Security with and the ability to deploy and use security tools to identify and resolve issues across a wide range of systems and applications.
· Deploying and using IT security tools such as vulnerability scanners, incident and event monitoring, log analysis and network monitoring, intrusion detection and content filtering.
· Deploying, configuring and resolving security components of infrastructure and applications such as Active Directory, MS365, MS Azure, Firewalls, Proxy Servers, etc.
· Creating scripts and other ad hoc reporting to provide the necessary information for the IT Team to perform their functions
· Providing inputs into the IT Security Strategy and IT Security Operations including policies, procedures and reporting systems
· Providing subject matter expertise into the design and implementation of advanced security capabilities including SIEMs, Security Operations Centre, etc.
· Providing input to Information Security Certification and Accreditation processes
· Provide advice and guidance on technical security engineering issues and be a collaborative member of the wider IT team
· Undertaking other duties and responsibilities as may be determined as reasonable for the role from time to time.
17 hours ago
This position is being advertised by a recruitment agency.
- Email Me This Job
- Print Details